Since Sipapu’s inception, it’s been a place that has embraced families. Our resort is the perfect place for kids to learn to ski, snowboard, and learn to love the mountains. That’s why we offer a FREE season pass for children ages 10 and under, so that it’s more affordable and accessible for them to get on the slopes. We also make it a priority to have a lot of options for parents when it comes to season passes, to make it affordable and accessible for you, too. We have options starting at just $199 for our adult Value pass, it makes nearly unlimited skiing at Sipapu a real value.
Skiing with kids is a true investment in their future – and yours as a family. It creates fun for the whole family, but more importantly, it creates accomplishment in your kids as they master winter sports and learn to love winter sports! We wanted to share our best tips and tricks to creating Power Kids.
- Get the Power Kids Pass for Your Kids | It’s easy! Click here to get passes for your kids. Kids ages 10 and younger will enjoy unlimited access at all eight resorts in the Power Pass collective — no strings attached. Simply bring proof of age (for example, a report card) to the ticket office when picking up your kid’s pass. Parents and guardians: Need to get your season pass? The Power Pass, our premier pass, is now on sale, with exclusive benefits when purchased by May 29.
- Check out Lesson Options
Sipapu’s Yeti Club makes learning to ski and snowboard a fun experience and we take care of everything – you drop them off, we provide learning, laughter, and even lunch!
- Family Lessons With our family lessons, you get the benefit of a group lesson that’s exclusive to your family. These lessons offer personal – and customized – instruction and parents also learn how to continue teaching their children how to ski or snowboard beyond the lesson. Family lessons are for ages 6 and older. Sipapu offers junior private lessons for kids starting at age 3. Find out more about kid’s lessons.Camp Bigfoot is our four- week, Saturday only camp for kids, ages 5-12, that focuses on providing the best introduction to snow sliding, progressive skill development, fun and sparking their passion for snowsports and the mountains. This is a great way for your child to kick-start their skills. Classes are 10 am – 3 pm and include lunch!
- Pack Snacks
Seriously. Pack travel goodies, post-breakfast granola bars, after lunch treats, and afternoon snacks. Some of us might even consider a bribe or two on the mountain in the form of the occasional fruit gummy or a hot chocolate in the lodge.
- Stay on the Mountain
Sipapu’s wide range of lodging options make it easy to stay slopeside. Once you have, you’ll never go back. From carrying gear to avoiding an end of day car trip home, staying on the mountain is convenient, fun, and super affordable at Sipapu.
- Don’t Let the Kids Get Cold
This is a universal truth for everyone, not just the kids. Good, warm clothes make a tremendous difference between a great day and a miserable one. Little ears, toes, and fingers are the quickest to get cold, so grab some hand warmers, warm gloves, and take some breaks to warm up.
- Don’t Let the Kids Get Too Tired
Allow yourself and the kids to take plenty of breaks. Sometimes you want to go hard all day, but remember you’re slowing down for them. If you push them too hard, it will end in tears, so remember this is an investment in long-term fun, slow down and enjoy the time with the kids, or trade-off with your spouse or a friend to get in some more challenging runs.
- Keep it Light. Keep it Fun.
It’s natural to want to be good at something immediately, but learning to ski and snowboard takes time. Most kids won’t make it to the blacks their first day on the slopes, and that’s perfectly normal. Remember you’re investing in a sport that you can enjoy together for a lifetime!
Sipapu is a place where families return every year, and we’re happy to host them. We hope that you’ll come back to enjoy our mountain soon!