Camp Bigfoot Starts January 25 and March 2!
Camp Bigfoot at Sipapu
A multi-week ski & snowboard camp for kids
Introducing Camp Bigfoot at Sipapu Ski & Summer Resort, a four-week, Saturday only camp for kids focused on providing the best introduction to snow sliding, progressive skill development, fun and sparking their passion for snowsports and the mountains. This is a great way for your child to kick-start their skills.
- Camp Bigfoot is open to children and youth, ages 5 to 12
- Classes are 10 am – 3 pm and include lunch!
- Children may attend one of two sessions:
- Session 1 is 4 weeks, Saturdays Only Jan 25 – Feb 15, ends with February Fun Fest
- Session II is 4 consecutive days, March 2 – 5
Questions? email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- FREE Season Pass upon Graduation (valid for the remainder of 2019/20 Season)
- FREE hot chocolate for participants
- Includes lunch
- Includes rentals
- Includes lift tickets
- Includes full-day lessons
- All participants must have a valid season pass or lift ticket. Please make sure your child has their pass/ticket attached to their jacket/pants/helmet for every session
- Fully functional and proper sized equipment is required. All ski equipment must have current DIN bindings, metal edges and brakes. Non-DIN bindings are not acceptable. All snowboards must have bindings, metal edges, a P-tex base and a safety leash. Your youth must also use real snowboard boots; winter boots are not acceptable. Please contact Sipapu if you have questions about equipment
- All young children must be “toilet trained” and willing to participate.
- It is especially important that beginners attend every session.
- Pre-registration is required
- Up to 60-minute break for lunch each day
- The lunch menu includes one entree and drink. Additional food is available for purchase by the participant.
- We make every effort to keep the same Instructor with their group for each session, but cannot guarantee it
- A minimum enrollment of 4 students in the same discipline, with the same ability level, is required in order to form a class
- There are no refunds or make-up days for missed sessions. Gratuities for instructors are not a requirement, but an appropriate and appreciated gesture
- Classes will meet at the Yeti Yurt at the Sipapu base area
Signing a Release of Liability is included as part of the online registration process. If for some reason you do not register online, parents must sign a Release of Liability form at check-in for each child in order for them to participate in the program.
Cancellations made at least 14 days prior to program start date will receive a full refund – within 13 days to 24 hours prior to the first class a 50% refund – less than 24 hours notice, no refund. Cancellations and refunds must be made at Sipapu Ski & Snowboard School or by emailing email@example.com
Attendance and Tardiness
- There are no refunds or make-up days for missed classes
- If you’re going to be more than 15 minutes late to your session, we need at least 24 hours notice, otherwise you take the chance of missing out on the session.
- Please email your late arrival notice to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will make every attempt to rejoin your child with their group, though depending on how late you arrive to the session, we cannot guarantee it.
What to Bring
- It’s helpful if you apply sunscreen and take your child to the bathroom before drop-off.
- Clothing and gear appropriate for conditions: neck gaiter, goggles, only one pair of socks, snow pants, and non-fleece mittens or gloves.
- Helmets are required.
- Snacks, lip balm, sunblock, hand warmers for cold days.
- Hot cocoa will be available for FREE during breaks (Limit one per participant, per class).
Tips for Camp Bigfoot Participants:
Please dress your children appropriately for Outdoor Winter Sports. Just a few examples are beanies, warm jacket, gloves, ski pants, long socks etc.
Other items you may want to send include:
- sunglasses or goggles
- a water bottle
- a set of dry clothes for the drive home
Lunch is provided, but you may want to pack a snack just in case your child gets hungry before or after lunch or if they are picky eaters. We do have Vegetarian and Non-Vegetarian Lunch options but there will be a set meal for each day.
Please make sure to arrive at Sipapu Ski and Summer Resort at 8 am. We want you to arrive at 8 am because it does take time to go through the process of season passes and getting the proper equipment that is just right for your child. We do not want the children to feel rushed while getting their gear because this is a VERY important part of the process.
We want all of our Camp Big Footers to have a great foundation for success, please make sure they get plenty of rest the night before and a good breakfast so that they are good to go!
When you first arrive at our Resort, please take your child to the Season Pass Office to get their pass before you do anything else.
Once you get your child’s FREE season pass, head straight over to our Yeti Club Yurt on the left of the Main Lodge Building.
Once you and your child arrive at the Yurt, we will size them up for all their equipment and sign them into their lessons. Please do NOT take your kids to the regular Rental Department, Camp Big Foot has all their own gear in the Yurt waiting for your child already.
Please sign up for their FREE Season Pass in advance on our website under FREE Season Passes. www.sipapu.ski
Camp Big Foot 2020!!!