Ready to learn to ski or snowboard? Sipapu is a fantastic place to learn with our large magic carpet beginner area, and plenty of room on the mountain to grow your skills. This year, due to COVID-19 regulations, Sipapu is offering private and group lessons for groups of 4 or less, not including the instructor. We plan to offer to book lessons beginning in early November.
Know Before You Go
- Students and instructors will receive symptom and exposure questionnaires upon their arrival to the ski area for ski school.
- Registering at least 48 hours in advance is highly recommended. Lesson availability is limited
- You must wear a face covering for the duration of your lesson.
- Please obtain your rental equipment well in advance of your lesson time. Please plan on an extra 30 minutes to 1 hour to get fitted and to the meeting place on time
- Please meet at the bell tower in the base area near the magic carpet for your lesson to begin.
- Please arrive at the base area 15-20 minutes before your lesson to check in.
Sipapu’s private lessons offer the most flexibility and the best learning environment. Private instruction is available to a beginner, intermediate, and advanced skiers and snowboarders who want to focus on specific goals, build technique and have fun. Private lessons can be tailored for groups of 4 or less, not including the instructor.
Please note: if more than one person joins the private lesson, we suggest that all participants are of similar ability level, as the instructor must teach to the lowest level.
Sipapu offers group lessons for everyone from first-timers to experts. A lesson amongst your peers will build your skills at a value.