Your Responsibility Code
KNOW THE CODE: IT’S YOUR RESPONSIBILITY
Seven Points to Your Responsibility Code
- Always stay in control, and be able to stop or avoid other people or objects.
- People ahead of you have the right of way. It is your responsibility to avoid them.
- You must not stop where you obstruct a trail, or are not visible from above.
- Whenever starting downhill or merging into a trail, look uphill and yield to others.
- Always use devices to help prevent runaway equipment.
- Observe all posted signs and warnings. Keep off closed trails and out of closed areas.
- Prior to using any lift, you must have the knowledge and ability to load, ride and unload safely.
Protect yourself, protect others. With common sense and the seven points of Your Responsibility Code, you can have a safer day on the slopes.
Chairlift Safety Tips
According to our friends at the National Ski Areas Association (NSAA), using and riding chairlifts in a responsible manner is one of the primary safety considerations for all skiers and snowboarders. It’s YOUR Responsibility to know how to use and ride the lift safely. Here are some tips:
- Need assistance? Ask the lift attendant for help.
- Remove & carry packs. Children in packs are not allowed on chairlifts at Purgatory Resort.
- Do not use phones, music or games while loading or unloading.
- It is OK to miss a chair and wait for the next one.
- When loading, watch for the approaching chair and then sit to the back once seated!
- Drop something? Let it FALL. Any item dropped can be picked up later.
- Absolutely NO horseplay on the lifts!
Kids on Lifts
Click here for more information on Lift Safety.
Click here for more information on Helmet Safety.
Terrain Park Safety
Click here for more information on terrain park safety.