Explore our mountain and test your navigational skills on a geocaching adventure! Kids and adults of all ages will enjoy the hunt for Sipapu’s hidden caches, located throughout our resort.
- What is Geocaching? Geocaching is treasure hunting, high-tech style. Using a GPS (global positioning system) handheld device, participants locate caches or treasure boxes, hidden in nearly every country around the world. These caches contain treasure, usually toys or other little trinkets – participants may take one trinket for every trinket they leave behind!Sipapu Ski and Summer Resort’s caches (rustic ammo cans, among others!) contain a log book, trinkets and a camera (for taking pictures of your exploration group).
- How Much does it Cost? Geocaching is FREE to all Sipapu guests.
- When Can We Look for Caches? Sipapu guests are invited to search for caches during the spring, summer, and fall (when our ski slopes are not open).
- Equipment Needed: A handheld GPS device – sturdy shoes or hiking boots are also recommended at Sipapu!
- Take something from the cache
- Leave something in the cache
- Write about it in the logbook
Sipapu’s Geocache Locations
Difficulty: Difficult (for a complete description, click here)
Location: N 36° 09.183 W 105° 32.967
Name: Salty Trees
Difficulty: Moderate (for a complete description, click here)
Location: N 36° 09.087 W 105° 32.902