2020/2021 Winter Experience
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
We are so excited to welcome you back to winter at Sipapu. We’ve been working tirelessly to develop innovative ways to provide our guests with peace of mind as they visit our resort during a COVID-19 season. Please visit our health and safety page to see what precautions we have in place, and see the latest regulations and guidance from the state of New Mexico.
- Lift tickets will be only be sold online and will be made available once we have our opening date established.
- Lift tickets, rentals, and lessons will now be loaded onto our new reusable, reloadable Sipapu Card. LEARN MORE
- Tickets will be changeable – if you change your mind, you can use your resort credits towards a different day on the mountain LEARN MORE
Face Coverings are required
Maintain physical distancing
Wash your hands
- Please abide by New Mexico guidelines for physical distancing, face coverings and hand washing. Please review these guidelines at https://cv.nmhealth.org/covid-safe-practices/
- We ask you to remain within your party of people, and stay 6 feet away from those not in your party.
- Face coverings are required when you’re indoors at Sipapu, and we ask that you kindly wear your mask when it’s not possible to maintain at least 6 feet of distance outdoors.
- Travelers to New Mexico should reference the Governor’s Executive Order for Travelers and everyone should review the current health orders by the State of New Mexico.
- If you are ill or have any of the signs and symptoms, or have been exposed to anyone with COVID-19, we ask that you please stay at home. Signs and symptoms of COVID-19 are located here. An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. Sipapu is NM Safe Certified. That means all of our employees are trained and certified in COVID-safe practices. We’re working hard to clean and disinfect surfaces, promote social distancing, and wearing our masks to help keep you – and our staff – healthy and well.
Lift Tickets and Passes
- We don’t anticipate a reservation system for our passholders at this time.
- All lift tickets will be sold online and there will be no window rate.
- You must purchase tickets, rentals, and lessons before arrival on the mountain.
- On peak days, expect to see higher rates due to increased demand, and conversely, expect to see much lower pricing on weekdays and other non-peak time periods.
- The brand new Sipapu Card will hold all lift tickets, rental reservations, lessons, and resort credits in one single, reloadable card. The Sipapu Card itself is free and will be offered to all ticketed guests prior to and upon arrival.
- We will not be offering day tickets to our Power Kids or Super Senior passholders. Passholders will need to have their pass in hand before arrival at the resort. LEARN MORE
For the health and well-being of our guests and employees we will be modifying pick-up procedures for rentals for the 20/21 season. Here is what you need to know before you book:
- At the time of booking, you will need to provide the name, birth date, height, weight, and skier type of each member of your party.
- When you arrive at Sipapu, you’ll check-in and be directed to the rental shop to pick up your rentals. Wait in line until you are called into the boot fitting area. Please do not have friends or family who are not renting join you.
- After boot fitting, you’ll be directed to equipment fitting, where you’ll be fitted for your skis and poles or snowboard. Pick up your gear on the rack and head to the slopes.
- At the end of the rental period, please remove your boots outside Equipment Return. Guests will not be allowed to remove gear inside Equipment Return.
- We encourage guests to rent gear for the entire length of their stay at Sipapu to avoid having to repeat the rental process each day.
During the ski season, the rental shop is open from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m.
- Students and instructors will receive symptom and exposure questionnaires upon their arrival to the ski area for ski school.
- All lessons must be booked online, in advance.
- Students will proceed directly to the on-snow base area instead of going indoors and will be connected with their instructor at that time.
- All ski school groups will be limited to4 students per instructor.
- Only private and family lessons will be available at this time.
- We are evaluating whether we can offer Camp Bigfoot or not this winter.
- Safety on chairlifts is paramount. Children under the age of 6 need to be accompanied by a parent or person in their party who can ride the lift with them.
New! Now offering an online food ordering option featuring convenient to-go options.
- Sipapu will be adhering to New Mexico regulations regarding indoor dining capacity
- Additional extra outdoor seating will be available on the patio and in the Meadow and there are no capacity limits for outdoor dining. Outdoor dining spaces must allow for 6 feet between parties, per local zoning.
- Sipapu asks guests to limit their time at tables to 30 minutes to allow other guests time for a break.
- Contactless payment methods are available at all of our restaurants, so we encourage guests to avoid bringing cash.
- Our new online ordering system is awesome — you’ll order through the system and it will notify you when and where to pick up your hot and ready food. It makes things more convenient and easier — no more waiting in long lines!
- We have relaxed our lodging cancellation policy so our guests can enjoy flexibility.
- Trip Protection is available to add onto any Sipapu Resort lodging reservation.
- Each room is disinfected prior to guest’s arrival using cleaners known to kill the COVID virus.
- To maintain social distancing, check-ins will be limited to one group at a time.
- Bathrooms and all high touch areas (doorknobs, counters, etc.) will be sanitized regularly.
- All staff will wear masks when in public places.
- Staff breaks will be increased for frequent hand washing.
- All retail shops must adhere to New Mexico retail guidance and capacity limits based on the dial level.