COVID Health and Safety
Welcome to Sipapu!
Off the beaten path, and a great place for a true getaway, Sipapu is waiting for you to come to enjoy our mountain. While things may look a little different when you come this year, we are working our best to make it a memorable vacation for you. We want you to enjoy your time with us while taking appropriate precautions. Your health and safety, and that of our employees is a top priority for us.
Please abide by New Mexico guidelines for physical distancing, face coverings, and hygiene. Please review these guidelines at https://cv.nmhealth.org/covid-safe-practices/
We ask you to remain within your party of people, and stay 6 feet away from those not in your party. Face coverings are required when you’re indoors at Sipapu, and we ask that you kindly wear your face covering when it’s not possible to maintain at least 6 feet of distance outdoors. Travelers to New Mexico should reference the Governor’s Executive Order for Travelers and everyone should review the current health orders by the State of New Mexico.
If you are ill or have any of the signs and symptoms, or have been exposed to anyone with COVID-19, we ask that you please stay at home. Signs and symptoms of COVID-19 are located here.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present.
If you are taking advantage of some of the activities such as disc golf, hiking or fishing, please be thoughtful of others around you. Maintain physical distancing, wear a face covering when 6 feet of separation can’t be maintained, and continue to respect both the human and natural environment as you recreate.
- Face coverings are required in indoor settings except when eating, drinking, or exercising.
- Wash your hands often and sanitize between activities.
- Please practice physical distancing and maintain 6 feet of distance around other guests whenever possible.
- We are performing additional maintenance and sanitization within our facilities
Sipapu is NM Safe Certified. That means all of our employees are trained and certified in COVID-safe practices. We’re working hard to clean and disinfect surfaces, promote physical distancing, and wearing our face coverings to help keep you – and our staff – healthy and well.
Traveling from out of state?
Please visit the State of New Mexico’s guidance on traveling prior to arrival.
- Each room is disinfected prior to the guest’s arrival using cleaners known to kill the COVID virus.
- To maintain physical distancing, check-ins will be limited to one group at a time.
- Bathrooms and all high-touch areas (doorknobs, counters, etc.) will be sanitized regularly.
- All staff will wear face coverings when in public places.
- Staff breaks will be increased for frequent hand washing.
- We are following the State of New Mexico and Taos County regulations for dining.
- We are regularly cleaning and disinfecting tables after guest use.
- We have added several picnic tables and a dining area in the Meadow, all outside
- The riverside patio also has outdoor seating
- We are asking guests to limit their time at a table to 30 minutes to allow other guests to experience a break.
For more information on our COVID protocols, visit our COVID Safe page.