Savor the Summer Disc Golf Tournament
Savor the Summer Disc Golf Tournament
sponsored by Sierra Nevada
Date: Wednesday, August 19- Sunday, August 23
Location: Sipapu Disc Golf Course
Admission: $35 per round/$50 includes $20 meal voucher
Categories: Pro Men/Women; Advanced/Intermediate Men/Women; Youth
Prizes: Gift certificates to Sipapu’s retail store and restaurant, plus great gifts from Sierra Nevada! Amounts and additional payout spots to be determined by participation. Prizes will be paid out to the third place in each category at a minimum.
Grab your discs and show off your skills at our first ever Savor The Summer Disc Golf Tournament! This is all about fun on the mountain! You will have five days to complete one round at Sipapu. Play anytime August 19-23 on our twenty-hole par 3 course that takes you on a hike around the mountain with challenging drives and breathtaking views.
$35 per person/$50 includes up to a $20 meal voucher valid August 19-23
Special Reminders about COVID-19 Precautions:
- Please abide by New Mexico guidelines for physical distancing, mask-wearing, and the like. Please review these guidelines at https://cv.nmhealth.org/covid-safe-practices/
- Please keep your group size to less than 5 per the New Mexico Governor’s Executive Order
- We ask you to remain within your party of people, and stay 6 feet away from those not in your party
- Masks are required in public spaces, when you’re indoors at Sipapu, and we ask that you kindly wear your mask when it’s not possible to maintain at least 6 feet of distance outdoors.
- Please review our Health & Safety page for the latest guidance on COVID-19 precautions at Sipapu and in the State of New Mexico
- We ask that participants be New Mexico residents, or if from out of state, have followed the quarantine order issued by the Governor’s office and be past their 14-day quarantine window.
- Travelers to New Mexico should reference the Governor’s Executive Order for Travelers and everyone should review the current health orders by the State of New Mexico.
How this works
- Each player will play one round on the course anytime between Wednesday – Sunday
- We want to make this tournament fun – while abiding by best practices to avoid COVID-19.
- Try to not touch the baskets or chains when retrieving your discs. We are not cleaning the baskets.
- Please check in at the store, pick up a custom scorecard and your voucher for food, if purchased.
- Here is the Disc Golf course Please screenshot to your phone
- Please keep track of your score and then submit it
- Please be honest, this virtual tournament is all about trust and fun. Please follow PGDA guidelines and have your scorecard verified by using a scorekeeper, another player, or at the general store.
- Score sheets can be picked up at the general store, or you can keep track of your score via https://udisc.com/ app or any way that works for you. Please screenshot your score and submit it if you’re using an app.
- There will be Pro, Advanced/Intermediate and Youth with Male and Female categories.
- Pro and Advanced Men play from the longest set of tees, Pro and Advanced Women play from the middle set of tees, and the Youth play from the shortest set of tees.
- All scores must be submitted by end of day Sunday August 23rd, otherwise we will assume you didn’t play and will be disqualified.
- Once all the scores have been submitted on Sunday we will post to Sipapu’s website and on our Facebook page and we’ll post results at the resort. We will get in touch with the winners for their prize package.
- Please abide by the rules per PDGA: Click HERE to read the rules. This is NOT a PDGA sanctioned event.
- Objective of the Game – Disc Golf is played like traditional golf, but with disc golf discs instead of balls and clubs. One throw (stroke) is counted each time the disc is thrown and when a penalty is incurred. The goal is to play each hole in the fewest strokes possible. The player with the lowest total strokes for the entire course wins.
- SAFETY FIRST – Never throw when players or other park users are within range. Always give park users the right of way. Be aware of your surroundings and environment at all times.
- Tee Throws – Each hole begins with a tee throw. Tee throws must be completed within or behind the designated tee area.
- Lie – The lie is the spot where the player’s previous throw has landed. Mark each lie with a mini marker disc or leave the thrown disc on the ground where it landed. The player’s subsequent throw is made from directly behind the marked lie.
- Throwing Order – The player with the least amount of strokes on the previous hole is the first to tee off on the next hole. After all players have teed off, the player whose disc is farthest from the hole always throws first.
- Fairway Throws – Fairway throws must be made from directly behind the lie. A run-up and normal follow-through, after release, is allowed, unless the lie is within 10 meters of the target. Any shot within 10 meters of the target requires that the player maintain balance and not move past the lie until the disc comes to rest.
- Mandatory – A mandatory, or mando, is one or more designated trees or poles in the fairway that must be passed to the correct side as indicated by an arrow. If the disc passes to the wrong side of mandatory, either play from the previous lie or from a marked drop zone area if applicable and add a one throw penalty.
- Completion Of Hole – A disc that comes to rest in the disc golf basket or suspended in the chains constitutes the successful completion of that hole.
- Out Of Bounds – If any area of O.B. is visible between the disc and O.B. line, then the disc is considered O.B. A throw that lands out of bounds, must be played from a point up to 1 meter in bounds from where the disc crossed over the out of bounds line. Permanent water hazards, public roads, and most park boundaries are almost always out of bounds. On Hole 2, the river is out of bounds, On Hole 3, the parking lot and the river is out of bounds. On Hole 4, the river is out of bounds. On Hole 19, the river and beyond is out of bounds. You must play on the disc golf side of the river.
- All summer events are NON-REFUNDABLE and will go on rain or shine!