New Mexico COVID Safe Practices 2020/2021
Sipapu is committed to the health and safety of our guests and employees. Please review safety regulations and COVID precautions that have been put into practice before visiting the mountain. When at Sipapu, please abide by New Mexico COVID safe protocols including physical distancing and face coverings. Please review these guidelines here.
We are asking all of our guests and employees to make the following commitments:
- I will maintain six feet of physical distance from other individuals.
- I will wash my hands often and for at least 20 seconds.
- I will cover my face in public – including my nose!
- I will stay home when I am sick.
Daily Lift Tickets
Riding the Lifts
Guest Services Station
Dining and Restaurant Services
New Mexico COVID Safe Practices for Ski Areas
Know Before You Go: COVID Precautions
- Face coverings are required at all times with the exception of while eating or drinking, including in lift lines, on the lift, in the base area and anywhere indoors.
- 6-foot physical distancing will be required and encouraged wherever possible
- Information notifying guests to stay at home if they are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms are posted on Sipapu’s website and throughout the ski area.
- Employees will be screened daily for COVID 19 symptoms. Those with symptoms will be asked to stay home or will be sent home and will be directed to take a test or self- quarantine for 14 days
- Employees who have had a known close contact to a person who is lab-confirmed to have COVID-19 will not return to work until authorized by the Department of Health.
- Hand washing and hand sanitizer stations will be readily available throughout the ski area.
- All indoor spaces will be cleaned and sanitized regularly
- High touch areas will be cleaned and sanitized regularly.
- Sipapu and its staff will encourage all guests to read and comply with the current New Mexico Public Health Order including abiding by the 14 day out of state travel quarantine. The current travel restrictions are posted on our home page and in various visible locations in our base area.